I know what you’re thinking. Isn’t avocado salsa the same as guacamole? It might be, but I thought Avocado Salsa was a more fitting title for this recipe since guacamole is usually mushed up avocados where this one isn’t mushy. I wanted to make something that was healthy, filling, and multidimensional. This recipe totally fits that bill! You can serve this with chips, or you can put it in a wrap or on a salad or on some eggs…. I could go on. It’s 100% vegan and gluten free as well!
Servings: 5 (about ½ cup per serving)
Amount per serving: 47 calories—5g carbs—3g fat—1g protein
- ¼ cup whole kernel corn
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 medium tomato- diced
- ½ avocado diced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the corn, onion, and tomato.
- Add the vinegar and toss until coated.
- Add the avocado and carefully fold in until it is mixed with the onion, tomato, and corn.
- Add the cilantro, salt, and pepper and combine.
- Let sit covered in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes then serve!
So super easy right? And at less than 50 calories per half cup, it’s the perfect thing to bulk up that omelet or add some substance to that wrap! Or you could just eat it with a fork like I did… either way…