I have a super yummy recipe for everyone today! I’ll admit, when I saw these ingredients in Men’s Health, I was really really skeptical. I didn’t know if brown sugar and cumin would go together, I was worried it would be too savory, and I was very nervous about the amount of pepper to put into the rub.
The only thing I was right about was the pepper. Otherwise, this was an amazing salmon dish! It only takes about 20 minutes, and it reheats really well!
Brown Sugar and Mustard Rubbed Salmon- adapted from Men’s Health
Amount per serving: 227 calories– 6g carbs– 13g fat– 20g protein–6g sugar
- 4 salmon fillets- 4 oz each
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- in a bowl, combine all the ingredients (minus the salmon, of course).
- Place salmon fillets, skin side down, into lightly greased a baking pan.
- Press the brown sugar combination onto the top of each fillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until flaky.
The flavors blend together really well, and the brown sugar creates a delicious glaze over the salmon. We loved this!