Hello everyone! I looked through my recipes and decided it was about time for another lunch recipe! I bought a few avocados the other day and need to do something with them. After making my Avocado Salsa, I still had half an avocado left so I decided to make a wrap! This wrap is filling, a little spicy, and full of good fats and proteins thanks to the avocado dressing inside! You can also add whatever veggies you want to this! I added some onion, more avocado, and shredded lettuce! This can be gluten free by using a gluten free tortilla or wrap!
Buffalo Chicken Avocado Wrap
Amount per serving: 281 calories—18g carbs—14g fat (good fat!)—26 grams of protein
Ingredients: **feel free to add your own toppings! These are just the basics—the nutrition content reflects only these toppings, but veggies won’t add many calories!
- 1 tablespoon plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ of an avocado
- 3 oz chicken (I used about half a chicken breast)
- 1 teaspoon Franks Red Hot or preferred buffalo sauce
- 1 whole wheat tortilla or wrap (nutrition reflects Santa Fe Tortilla Company Whole Wheat wrap- 100 calories- 13g carbs- 4g fat- 8g protein)
- In a small container or bowl, mash the avocado and mix with greek yogurt.
- In a skillet on the stove, cook the chicken meat and cut into pieces. Once it’s done, toss in Frank’s Red Hot (or whatever buffalo sauce you prefer).
- Spread the avocado dressing onto the whole wrap then add your veggies (if you have them) and your chicken.
- Wrap it up and enjoy!
This is a really simple wrap to make. The sauce is also thick enough that if you want to take it to school or to work, the wrap won’t get soggy! You could also just put this on a bed of lettuce and leave out the wrap!