Today I have an awesome salad recipe for y’all.
We haven’t gone grocery shopping in two weeks. Between late nights working and Thanksgiving leftovers, we haven’t had to! Tonight we were home for dinner and I decided to see what we had in the kitchen to make up a delicious, filling, and healthy dinner.
I came up with a healthy couscous salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing!
Couscous Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Serving: 1/2 recipe
Amount per serving (with Vinaigrette): 499 calories- 35g carbs- 22g fat- 23g protein
- 1 cup couscous (or quinoa)
- 10 oz. cooked chicken, chopped
- 4 cups kale (or leafy green of your choosing)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white sugar (you could use a substitute, but, honestly, sugar is just going to taste the best and one teaspoon of it is just fine)
- Cook couscous as directed on package and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine vinaigrette ingredients together well.
- In a larger bowl, combine vinaigrette and kale and toss well.
- Serve on plates, top with couscous and chicken.
That’s it! So easy and so yummy!