It was so rainy today so I really wanted to make a rainy-day food. I decided to make grilled cheese, but I wanted to put a spin on a traditional grilled cheese to I decided to create this yummy version! It’s full of good fats from the avocado (not too full of fat though)! You can use any type of bread you’d like, but make sure to subtract and add nutrition content if you change it. I’ve provided the nutrition content for the bread I used to make it easier!
Cranberry Avocado Grilled Cheese
Amount per serving: 278 calories- 33g carbs—15g fat—10g protein
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (I used Natures Own-100 calories-20g carbs- 2g fat- 6g protein in 2 slices)
- 1/8th avocado
- 2 tablespoons mart skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- ½ tablespoon unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt the butter and brush it onto each slice of bread
- In a cake pan, place one piece of bread butter-side down. Add 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese, then add the avocado, then the cranberries, then another tablespoon of cheese.
- Add the other piece of bread butter side up and place another cake pan on top like this:
- Bake for 5 minutes, take off the top cake pan, and bake for another 2 minutes, flip and bake for another minute or so or until both sides are browned (the bottom with brown first!)
- Take out of the oven and enjoy!
This grilled cheese was so good! The combination of the cheese, avocado, and the sweetness of the cranberries meshed together beautifully!