While this technically isn’t a vinaigrette because there’s no oil in it, this faux-vinaigrette fills that “need for vinaigrette” void! This is great on chicken, salad, and anything else you’d like to put it on! The sweet of the cranberry really mixes well with the tang of the balsamic vinegar making it the perfect condiment! I put this on my Guiltless Greek Chicken Wrap!
Servings: 3 (~2 tbs per serving)
Amount per serving: 30 calories- 7g carbs- 0g fat-0g protein-4g sugar
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs dried cranberries
- Dash of dill weed (can be omitted, but I like it!)
- 1 tsp of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbs cool water (just stir the cornstarch into the water and it will dissolve)
- Over medium heat, combine the balsamic vinegar, cranberries, and dill weed.
- Let them simmer together for 3-5 minutes. Make sure to stir it so it doesn’t burn!
- After the cranberries get a little bit mushy (see the picture below) remove the sauce from heat and add the cornstarch/water mixture. Stir it until it thickens a little bit. (this is what the cranberries will look like right before the cornstarch mixture!)
- Serve right away or put in a small container in the fridge for later use!