I love making sauces! Partially because there are so many options and ideas, and partially because there are multiple uses for any one sauce. Today’s sauce will be especially good on any Mexican food, seafood, or even chicken if you’d like! This recipe makes a big portion for a small amount of calories- AND it’s fat free! It’s almost too good to be true! (Not quite though :) )
Creamy Jalapeño Lime Sauce
Servings: 2 (1/4 cup per serving)
Amount per serving: 38 calories- 3g carbs- 0g fat- 6g protein- 3g sugar
- ½ c Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp dried mint
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and lime juice until it’s mixed thoroughly.
- Chop and de-seed the jalapeno pepper.
- Put the yogurt mix and the pepper into a food processor (or blender) and blend thoroughly. (I do this because the peppers get chopped a little more and the flavor seeps into the yogurt).
- Put the mixture back into the bowl, and add the dried mint. Stir.
- Use immediately, or store covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it!