I have a great chicken recipe for you guys today! Yesterday I posted the recipe for my Garlic Butter, which I tossed with some bowtie pasta. I needed some protein with the meal so I decided to make chicken. I wanted something savory so barbecue chicken was out and I decided to go with garlic! I wanted to spice it up a little bit though so I toyed around with a few ideas and ended up with an amazing Garlic and Asiago Chicken recipe! I hope you like it!
Garlic Asiago Chicken
Amount per serving: 143 calories—1g carbs- 4g fat- 28g protein
- 2 chicken breasts (4 oz each)
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- ½ tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp basil- dried or fresh
- 2 tbs shredded Asiago cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- In a skillet, brown the minced garlic
- When the garlic is browned, sear each chicken breast on both sides in the skillet (to make sure the chicken has some of that yummy sautéed garlic flavor) and place into an oven safe dish—I used a pie dish.
- Sprinkle the onion salt and basil onto the chicken and place in the oven for about 15 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked).
- After 15 minutes, turn the oven on warm and add the cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, serve and enjoy!