Hey, guys! I hope everyone’s weekend has been wonderful! Tonight I decided to make a dish that was a spin on potato skins! I love potato skins at restaurants, but often, they’re loaded in fats and calories! These are much healthier, and have a lot more substance to them! These are perfect as an appetizer, tailgate food, or even as an entrée!
Garlic Chicken Potato Skins
Servings: 4 (1 skin per serving)
Amount per serving: 89 calories—10g carbs—1g fat—10g protein
- 2 russet potatoes (nutrition content reflects only 1 medium sized potato due to excess lost during cooking)
- 1 clove garlic—minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 oz chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cookspray.
- Poke holes into potatoes and microwave for 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, cut them in half and spoon out the middle (you can save the middles for mashed potatoes!)
- Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet and spray the tops of the potatoes with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the garlic and parmesan cheese evenly in the potatoes and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the chicken on the stovetop. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred chicken and put into potatoes when they are done.
- Top with non-fat plain Greek yogurt and enjoy!
These were so yummy! They had just the right amount of garlic flavor, and the chicken made them filling enough for a meal!