This side dish is great for summer! It also pairs well with any dish using jalapenos because the sweetness of the fresh peach offsets the spicy of the fresh jalapenos! This also makes a great snack and would be great served cold as well! I loved the way this turned out. My husband said that it wasn’t his favorite because he expects rice to be savory, not sweet. That said, if you’re adventurous and like odd pairings, I think you’ll like this recipe!
Georgia Peach Rice
Servings: 4 (~3/4 c per serving)
Amount per serving: 165 calories- 37g carbs- 0g fat- 4g protein- 4g sugar
- 1 bag of Success (or other brand) boil-in-a-bag rice (Family Sized bag)
- 1 packet of Crystal Lite (or other brand) Peach Tea
- 2 medium sized peaches- diced
- 2 tbs Splenda- divided
- Cook the rice as directed on the box EXCEPT add the packet of peach tea to the water.
- In a small sauté pan, heat the peaches and 1 tbs Splenda on medium until the peaches break down just a little bit. About 5 minutes.
- When the rice is done, move the rice from the tea water, and mix with the peaches and the other 1 tbs of Splenda