Hello everyone! It’s been awhile (ok, about a week) since my last blog post but it feels like forever! My husband and I went to my parents house for Thanksgiving break and, let me tell you, it was much needed. I slept and ate and slept and ate. And ran a 5k. Then slept and ate some more. I was going to make something while I was there, but we were always doing something and my mom and dad were constantly in the kitchen cooking for everyone else that I never got a chance!
Thanksgiving took all the pumpkin-y cravings out of me (I thought that was impossible) so I decided to make this yummy casserole since I didn’t feel like eating anything “Fall-ish.” This yummy enchilada casserole makes huge portions for a small amount of calories! It’s also really easy to make!
Amount per serving: 309 calories– 23g carbs– 16g fat (kinda high in fat, but the protein makes up for it!)– 35g protein
- 1/2 lb ground turkey (97/3)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 of a 16 oz container fat-free refried beans
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, but it adds a lot of flavor!)
- 2 soft taco sized tortillas (I used La Banderita)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1/4 cup black olives (optional)
- Preheat the oven for 400 degrees.
- On the stovetop, cook the ground turkey and onion. Mix in the taco seasoning and cayenne.
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey/onion mixture with the beans, Greek Yogurt, and salsa.
- Scoop half of the mixture into a 9″ pie dish. Top with 1/2 cup cheese, then put the tortillas on top of the cheese. I got mine to fit by putting them like this:
- Scoop the remaining mixture on top of the tortillas, then add the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, add cilantro, and bake for another 5.
- Split into 4 and enjoy!
See! Super easy, super yummy, and super filling!