I love quesadillas and I love Chicken Parmesan so I put them together to make a Healthy Chicken Parmesan Quesadilla! It’s perfect for lunch! Hoorah for another lunch option! This recipe is more for lunches at home, but if you can pre-prepare the ingredients, it would be easy to pop this in the microwave at work!
Chicken Parmesan Quesadilla
Amount per serving: 245 calories—25g carbs—8g fat—21g protein
- 2 oz. chicken breast- chopped
- dash of Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons pasta sauce (I used Ragu)
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (I used La Banderita Whole Wheat Soft Taco Wrap)
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook the chicken breast and season with Italian seasoning
- When the chicken is done, mix with the pasta sauce.
- In another skillet, place the tortilla down (spray the skillet with non-stick spray, if needed) and coat with 1 tablespoon of Mozzarella cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, place the chicken breast on half of the tortilla, top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese, fold the tortilla over and flip the quesadilla.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Serve with marinara dipping sauce (not included in the nutrition content) and enjoy!