Yummy! Everyone loves a good seasoning. When this seasoning can be made from scratch and put on almost any type of meat, that’s even better, right? We love chicken in our home, so I’ve been trying to find a good Italian seasoning for chicken that isn’t too salty, isn’t too herb-y, but isn’t bland. Let me tell you that I’ve finally found it! More on that in a minute, though.
This dish turned out so much better than I expected it to (and I had high expectations)! As I said before, a similar dish can run you almost 1,500 calories! By cutting out cream sauces and pasta, you can make this meal for a grand total 380 calories instead!
First, we’ll start out with the roasted potatoes:
Asiago Roasted Potatoes
Amount per serving: 263 calories- 28 carbs- 16g fat (healthy fats from the Olive oil!)- 6g protein
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 clove garlic- minced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ tbs dried basil
- ½ tbs dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbs sea salt
- 2 tbs shredded asiago (I used Kraft’s Asiago, Romano, and Parmesan blend)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all of the herbs together- excluding the sea salt and cheese.
- Chop potatoes into cubes and mince garlic
- Put garlic, potatoes, and olive oil into a bowl and mix until the potatoes are covered in oil.
- Add the spice mixture and mix until potatoes are covered
- Put the potatoes onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then turn the potatoes, sprinkle the cheese on top, and cook for another 5 minutes.
Your potatoes will look something like this when they’re done!
If you’re just making the potatoes as a side, you can stop there! If you’re making the whole dish, you’ll do this next part while the potatoes are in the oven!
Amount per serving: 117 calories- 1g carbs- 3g fat- 23g protein
- Mince garlic and put in a slightly greased skillet over medium/high heat.
- Once garlic is browned, add chicken breasts. Cover the top of each breast with ½ tbs of Italian Seasoning.
- After 3-4 minutes, flip chicken and add ½ tbs of Italian Seasoning to the other side of each chicken.
- Cook until done (about 5-7 more minutes depending on thickness of chicken).
- Serve with Roasted Potatoes or another side!
And enjoy! I can honestly say that the potatoes were the gem of this meal! I will definitely be making those babies with more than just Italian Chicken!