Did you know you can make a meal out of jalapeno poppers? Well, now you do. I saw a recipe for this dish on Pinterest, and had to make it over to make it healthy! The original recipe calls for a lot of frying and cutting and filling chicken, which, honestly, I usually don’t have time (or calories) for.
THis recipe is really easy to throw together if you’re busy, and it’s healthy enough to leave you feeling guiltless!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Amount per serving: 266 calories- 9g carbs- 18g fat- 32g protein
- 2, 4-oz chicken breasts
- 2 oz 1/3 Less Fat (neufchâtel) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4-6 jalapeno rings
- 1/2 teaspoon ranch dry mix
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet. Add the panko to the hot oil, and toss until the panko is brown (don’t burn it though!).
- Set the panko aside on a plate.
- Start cooking your chicken- I used a George Foreman grill, but in a skillet will work. 5-7 minutes on each side or until the middle is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheese, and ranch mix. Microwave mixture for about 30 seconds.
- Dice the jalapeño rings and stir into the cheese mixture.
- When the chicken is done, plate the chicken, add the jalapeño/cheese mixture to the top, then sprinkle the panko on top of that.
- Serve with your favorite veggie and enjoy!
I’ve made this dish multiple times, and we love it! The panko gives the chicken the perfect amount of crunch!