So, I was out and about today running errands and I really needed to eat something that was quick, easy, and portable. I decided to make a smoothie, then realized that I needed some more protein or I wouldn’t be full enough and then the smoothie is just a waste of calories because I’d end up buying something while I was out. I had the idea a little while ago to try a new protein shake recipe and decided that today was the day to do that! I wanted to make a candy bar shake and decided that a Mounds bar would make a delicious and satisfying shake! I made it and, not only was it easy, but it tasted amazing! This makes an excellent meal replacement or recovery drink! Here you go!
Mounds Bar Protein Shake
Servings: 1 (about 12 oz of shake)
Amount per serving: 301 calories- 24 carbs- 10g fat- 32g protein0 13g sugar
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 4 tablespoons Chocolate Whey protein powder (calorie count reflects 1 scoop –roughly 4 T of Body Fortress powder which is 140 calories and 26g protein)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 3-4 ice cubes
- In a blender, mix the milk, protein powder, and cocoa powder.
- After that is blended well, add the shredded coconut. Make sure to blend this well! Stop the blender and stir it up a couple of times and re-blend 2-3 times because you want the coconut to get in there really well without it all sinking to the bottom!
- Add 3-4 ice cubes and blend. Any more will dilute the flavor, but this gives it a little more volume and a more “smoothie” texture!