It’s Labor Day! I hope everyone is having a great holiday! I decided to concoct up a chicken recipe today since my husband said he wanted something lean after eating tailgate food (delicious, but heavy). I wanted something sweet and savory (like always) so I made this delicious sweet roasted chicken!
Oven Roasted Sweet Chicken
Amount per serving: 158 calories- 9g carbs- 1g fat- 27g protein- 7g sugar
Ingredients: **nutrition content accounts for half due to excess left after cooking
- 2- 4oz chicken breasts
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce**
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar (unpacked)**
- 3 cloves garlic cut in half (this is not in nutrition content—just for flavor)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar and soy sauce
- Cover a bread pan (or other deeper pan) aluminum foil so that all the sides are covered and place the chicken into the pan.
- Add the sauce and garlic halves then wrap the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely (kinda like a burrito!)
- Bake for 20 minutes, then open the top of the foil, flip the chicken, and bake with the foil open for another 10 minutes(or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle).
- Let the chicken sit for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite side and enjoy!
I served this with a veggie ranch salad (I may put up that recipe at a later date), and it was delicious! Keeping it in the foil and letting it sit kept the yummy juices in the chicken! Enjoy!