Fall is almost here! Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back in coffee shops, Pumpkin Bagels are back in food chains, canned pumpkin is now in the baking aisle next to the pre-made pies and marshmallows… It’s a beautiful thing! While it’s not quite cool fall weather where I live, it’s no longer 90 degrees so I’m whipping out the fall recipes! Today I decided to make Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal! Go figure…
This oatmeal is a yummy, fall-y, healthy, and filling breakfast that is perfect for cold morning!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Amount per serving: 113 calories– 22g carbs- 2g fat- 4g protein- 3g sugar
- ¼ cup oats (quick or old fashioned—I used quick oats for this recipe)
- ½ cup water
- dash salt
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon Splenda or other granulated sucralose
- 1 tablespoon Sugar-Free, Fat-Free cheesecake flavored pudding mix
- 2-3 drops vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Coolwhip (if you want…which I do… but the nutrition content does not include this)
- Mix water, oats, and salt together and microwave for 2 minutes (add more water if you like thinner oatmeal)
- When the oatmeal is finished, add the rest of the ingredients (except the coolwhip) and mix together until blended well.
- Top with whipped topping and enjoy!
I loved this recipe! It isn’t super sweet so if you like sweeter pumpkin pie, add some more Splenda or sugar to taste!