This is a recipe I’ve been wanting to post for a long time because it is such a staple in our house. Ahi Tuna is delicious, easy, healthy, and FAST. All you need to do is sear the sides. Depending on how rare you like it, it literally can take you less than 2 minutes.
There are a TON of ways to season ahi, but I really love going for Asian flavors. One of my favorite versions of ahi tuna is a simple sesame recipe. All you need is 3 ingredients, your favorite leafy green, and your favorite salad dressing (I recommend the lemon vinaigrette mentioned here).
Seared Sesame Ahi Tuna
Servings: 1 ahi steak
Amount per serving: 173 calories- 9g carbs- 6g fat- 27g protein
- 1, 4 oz. ahi tuna steak
- ~ 1 tsp. sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- In a skillet, heat the oil on medium-high and lightly toast the sesame seeds.
- Salt your tuna steak
- When the oil is hot and the seeds are toasted, sear each side of the ahi tuna steak until the inside is cooked to your preference (20-30 seconds on each side is good for a thinner steak that you want cooked rare).
- Remove your tuna steak from the skillet and let it rest for around 5 minutes.
- During this time, you can assemble your salad or plate some rice to go with your tuna.
- Slice your ahi tuna and enjoy!