Alright, friends, here it is. The Parmesan Crusted Chicken from Longhorn Steakhouse is a favorite in our family and a favorite of a lot of diners at that restaurant. Unfortunately, it can easily become a huge overindulgence. Overindulging isn’t bad, but sometimes you want to be able to eat good food without it being terrible for you, ammiright? So, I decided to try to make a skinnier version of it! This is just as delicious without being over 1,000 calories. Bonus: you’ll spend about $20 on ingredients (if you don’t already have all these in your pantry) for 4 servings instead of $15 for one serving. It’s a win win!
Longhorn Steakhouse version (per-serving-dinner portion)- 880 calories- 50g fat- 16g carbs- 92g protein
A Guiltless Glutton’s Copycat version (per serving)- 416 calories- 24g fat- 13g carbs- 40g protein
(adapted from Longhorn Steakhouse at Home)
- Preheat the broiler
- Pound chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Grease a skillet (I just use Pam) and add the diced garlic and a little salt.
- When the garlic browns, add the chicken to the pan and let it cook 7-8 minutes on one side and then 7-8 on the other or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, mix the GRATED parmesan cheese and ranch dressing together in a bowl.
- In a DIFFERENT bowl, mix together the panko, garlic powder, salt, and SHREDDED parmesan until it is mixed together well.
- When the chicken is done, move it to an oven safe dish.
- Top the chicken with the parmesan/ranch mixture, then top that with shredded provolone, then finish it off with your panko mix.
- Broil for about 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the panko has browned.
- Serve with a good veggie (we did broccoli) and dig in!
This recipe was a big hit in my house. The good news? I didn’t use up my treat meal for the week! I will most definitely be making this again!
Log it on MyFitnessPal under the name: A Guiltless Glutton Skinny Parmesan Crusted Chicken