Teriyaki Chicken. Everyone loves Teriyaki Chicken.
No one loves the bazillion calories in Teriyaki Chicken.
I decided to take on a project for you, readers, to make a Teriyaki Chicken that is healthy and delicious.
You can thank me later.
This recipe can be gluten free as long as you make sure the soy sauce you use has been certified GF.
Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Amount per serving: 146 calories—8g carbs—2g fat—26g protein—4g sugar
- 2 4-oz chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional—great for a little kick!)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic- diced and crushed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed in 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a small baking pan (I used a cake pan) and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Over medium heat, combine water, vinegar, soy sauce, cayenne, sugar, and garlic. Bring to a boil and let boil for 3-5 minutes. Stir to prevent burning.
- Remove the sauce from heat and add the cornstarch/water mixture and stir until the sauce thickens.
- After the 20 minutes are up, pour half the glaze onto the chicken and place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees.
- Coat with the remaining sauce and serve!
I served this with rice and broccoli! It was great with the cayenne!