So, today was hard for me. I have so many ideas for recipes, but I don’t have any of the ingredients to make any of them! I looked around the fridge and, after a lot of brainstorming, I came up with making a healthy BBQ Burger Pizza! Everyone loves pizza, right? Specialty pizzas are becoming increasingly popular, so I thought, “Hey, why not?”
To make this pizza you can prepare my homemade BBQ Sauce, you can use your own sauce, or you can use a bottled sauce if you’d like! I like mine because I know exactly what’s in it, it’s a little sweeter (which compliments the rest of the flavors of this pizza), and it’s simple to make! Either way, enjoy this healthy version of a BBQ Burger Pizza!
BBQ Burger Pizza
Servings: 2 (1 pizza per servings)
Amount per serving: 282 calories- 26g carbs- 12g fat- 21g protein- 17g sugar
- 2 fajita sized tortillas
- 4 tbs Carrie’s Sweet BBQ Sauce (2 tbs per pizza)
- 4 oz. ground sirloin (90/10)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Any other toppings! (these are not counted in the calorie count above)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Cook the ground sirloin in a skillet over medium/high heat until it is cooked all the way through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the tortillas in the oven-right on the rack- for about 2 minutes—just enough to get them a little crunchy.
- Take the tortillas out of the oven and put them onto a baking sheet. They may look bubbly, but that’s ok! They’ll flatten out to look like this:
- Put 2 tbs of sauce on each tortilla. Spread around the tortilla evenly.
- Top with the meat and any other toppings you’d like to add. Add ¼ c Mozzarella to each pizza last!
- Put each pizza back in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted!
- Last, but not least, enjoy!
We put jalapenos and green peppers on our pizzas and they were delicious! The spiciness of the jalapenos perfectly complemented the sweet, tangy-ness of the barbecue sauce! Feel free to mix it up! If you make this pizza, tell me what toppings you added in the comments! I’d love to hear everyone’s ideas!