Three cheers for another grilled cheese recipe! This grilled cheese has a hint of Italy, a lot of satisfaction, and a smaller amount of calories than your average fancy grilled cheese sandwich. The key to this is the spread! The sweetness of honey spread really brings out the savory of the rest of the ingredients! This is a great recipe for a treat (I only say that because it’s not the healthiest recipe). It can be widely varied depending on the bread you use, but this is what I used and it was delicious! Enjoy!
Turkey Bruschetta Grilled Cheese
Amount per serving: 378 calories—46g carbs—14g fat—16g protein
- Artisan bread (nutrition content reflects Rudi’s Organic Bakery Rosemary Olive Oil Bread—it’s 100 calories per slice)
- ¼ cup part skim shredded Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomatoes
- 1 slice oven roasted turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon Honey Spread Butter (I used Country Crock)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place one slice, butter side down, on a baking pan.
- Add the turkey, tomatoes, and cheese, then place the other piece of brad on top, butter side up.
- Press a second baking pan on top of the sandwich and place in the oven for 5 minutes. Flip the sandwich and bake for another 3 minutes.