It’s finally getting cold around here, so I thought, “what better way to get into a cold weather mood than to make chili!”
You won’t believe this, but this is my first attempt at making chili and it was so great! I think I’m going to start experimenting with other flavors, but I figured I’d start out with a traditional chili first!
Usually I make things in smaller quantities, since I have a small family, but this chili is made in the crockpot so this is a bigger recipe! Chili is great reheated, so the extra won’t go to waste! This chili is super lean since it’s made with ground turkey and it is very low calorie per portion!
Servings: 10 (1 cup per serving)
Amount per serving: 180 calories– 25g carbs– 3g fat– 13g protein
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 onion- diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper- diced
- 1 1/2, 15 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 1, 15.5 oz can kidney beans
- 1, 15.5 oz chili beans
- 1, 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a skillet, brown the ground turkey.
- Put turkey, diced onion, diced bell pepper, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili beans, and tomatoes into a crock pot and stir.
- Stir in the chili seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low 6 hours. If you need to, turn crockpot on warm until you need to serve.
- Serve, top with light sour cream and cheddar cheese (if you want, not included in nutrition content), and enjoy!!
I really loved this recipe, and so did my husband! I think I’m going to make my own chili seasoning for next time :) I’ll update the recipe if I do that though!